The Vizio M6 Series Quantum 2021 is a lower mid-range, budget-friendly television model that comes in a variety of sizes, ranging from 43 to 75 inches. This model exhibits high native contrast and outstanding black uniformity, making it a suitable choice for those who enjoy watching movies in dark rooms. Its good reflection handling further enhances the viewing experience. Another notable feature is its compatibility with Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay 2, allowing users to cast a wide range of content directly onto the screen.
The M6 Series Quantum 2021 supports various display resolutions, from 480p to 4k at 60Hz, and is capable of displaying chroma 4:4:4 properly across all supported resolutions. It has a native contrast of 8,884:1, enabling deep blacks, and covers 91.50% of the DCI P3 color space, showcasing its wide color gamut capabilities. Its connections include three HDMI inputs, one USB input, a digital optical audio output, an analog audio out RCA port, and composite inputs. Despite its impressive array of features, it is important to note that this model lacks motion interpolation and black frame insertion features.
The Vizio M6 Series Quantum 2021 runs on the SmartCast system, offering users access to a range of pre-installed apps and the ability to cast from mobile devices. However, it doesn't have an app store for downloading additional applications. As for its sound profile, it delivers a well-balanced sound suitable for dialogue but falls short in the bass department. The model supports variable refresh rate technologies like FreeSync and HDMI Forum VRR, providing a smooth gaming experience. Its power consumption stands at 60 watts during normal operation, with a maximum power consumption of 132 watts.
Detailed Technical Specifications of The Television
|Picture Quality||Native contrast of 8,884:1, wide color gamut capabilities, covering 91.50% of the DCI P3 color space|
|Display Resolutions||Supports various resolutions, including 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, and 4k at 60Hz. Can display chroma 4:4:4 properly with all supported resolutions|
|Input Ports||Has three HDMI inputs (limited to HDMI 2.0 bandwidth), one USB input, a digital optical audio output, an analog audio out RCA port, and composite inputs|
|Dimensions||Available in different sizes, including variants ranging from 43 inches to 75 inches|
|Black Frame Insertion||Does not have an optional black frame insertion feature|
|Motion Interpolation||Does not have any motion interpolation feature|
|Refresh Rate||Supports variable refresh rate technologies like FreeSync and HDMI Forum VRR|
|Power Consumption||Has a power consumption of 60 watts during normal operation and a maximum power consumption of 132 watts|
|Smart Features||Runs on the SmartCast system from Vizio. Allows users to access a range of pre-installed apps and supports casting from mobile devices using Google Chromecast or Apple AirPlay 2. There is no app store for downloading additional apps|
|Sound Quality||Sound profile is described as having a fairly well-balanced sound for dialogue but lacking in bass|
Captivating Picture Quality and Versatile Streaming Options
The Vizio M6 Series Quantum 2021 shines with its high native contrast and fantastic black uniformity, which is perfect for movie nights in a dark room.
- High Native Contrast and Black Uniformity: This TV offers deep blacks, making it ideal for watching movies in darker environments.
- Good Reflection Handling: Even in brightly lit rooms, you can expect minimal disturbances from light reflections.
- Versatile Streaming Options: With Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay 2 capabilities, you can easily cast your favorite shows or movies from your mobile devices.
- Wide Color Gamut: Covering 91.50% of the DCI P3 color space, this TV ensures vibrant and accurate color representation.
- FreeSync and HDMI Forum VRR Support: The television supports variable refresh rate technologies like FreeSync and HDMI Forum VRR, providing a smoother and more enjoyable gaming experience.
A Few Limitations to Consider Before Purchasing
While the Vizio M6 Series Quantum 2021 offers several impressive features, it also comes with a number of drawbacks that potential buyers should be aware of. Here are the main concerns:
- Lack of Local Dimming: This television model doesn't have a local dimming feature. This is a significant disadvantage as it reduces the ability of the TV to present deep black shades, thus affecting the overall quality of the dark scenes.
- Gray Uniformity Issues: The TV's visible issues with gray uniformity can be distracting, especially during content viewing. This can result in an inconsistent picture quality with visible "dirty screen effect" during panning shots.
- Limited Brightness: The brightness level of this model is limited in both SDR and HDR content. This means it may not perform well in a bright room and HDR content might not pop as it should.
- Lack of Black Frame Insertion (BFI): BFI helps in reducing motion blur. The absence of this feature might result in a less smooth viewing experience during fast action scenes or sports events.
- Limited App Availability: The TV runs on Vizio's SmartCast system which doesn't provide an app store for downloading additional apps. This could limit the user's ability to customize their smart TV experience.
A Budget-Friendly Option with Noteworthy Pros and Cons
The Vizio M6 Series Quantum 2021 TV is a decent, budget-friendly option, especially for those who enjoy watching movies in dark rooms due to its high native contrast and excellent black uniformity. It also handles reflections well and offers the convenience of casting anything from your devices using Google Chromecast or Apple AirPlay 2. However, it's essential to keep in mind that the lack of a local dimming feature may slightly affect the quality of dark scenes.
On the downside, this television has visible issues with gray uniformity and limited brightness in both SDR and HDR content which could potentially impact your viewing experience. Also, the lack of an app store for downloading additional apps may limit the smart features available to you. Therefore, while it's a decent performer across different use cases, it might not be the best fit for everyone. Please consider these factors carefully before making your purchasing decision.