The Vizio V Series 2022 is an entry-level 4K television model, offering a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and available in sizes ranging from 43 to 75 inches. It is characterized by a high native contrast ratio of 8,691:1, which allows for deep blacks in dark scenes, making it a suitable choice for users who enjoy dark-themed content. The TV is also equipped with good reflection handling and black uniformity, although it lacks a local dimming feature. It excels in providing a responsive gaming experience, thanks to its quick response time, low input lag, and support for variable refresh rate (VRR) technology.
Significant improvements are evident when compared to its predecessor models, particularly the Vizio V5 Series 2021 and Vizio V Series 2020. The 2022 model offers enhanced gaming features, better peak brightness, improved response time, and richer color accuracy. Notably, it also incorporates variable refresh rate support, which is a major upgrade that reduces screen tearing in games. This feature, coupled with its responsive gaming performance, makes it a viable option for gamers seeking a budget-friendly TV.
The Vizio V Series 2022 is powered by the Vizio SmartCast system, which offers a selection of pre-installed web-based apps and supports content casting via Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay. While it lacks an app store for additional downloads, it still delivers a decent smart TV experience. The TV is also energy efficient with an average power consumption of 58W and a maximum of 99W. Despite having a well-balanced mid-range sound profile, the Vizio V Series 2022 lacks bass, thus an external speaker or subwoofer is recommended for an optimal sound experience. Overall, the Vizio V Series 2022 is a feature-packed, budget-friendly option with notable enhancements over its predecessors.
A Detailed Look at the Specifications of a 2022 4K Television
|High native contrast ratio of 8,691:1 for deep blacks in dark scenes. Good reflection handling and black uniformity. No local dimming feature.
|Entry-level 4K TV with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. Available in sizes ranging from 43 to 75 inches.
|Three HDMI ports (HDMI 2.0 full bandwidth) and one USB port. Supports various resolutions up to 4k @ 60Hz and offers support for proper chroma 4:4:4.
|Vary based on the size of the TV, ranging from 43" to 75".
|Black Frame Insertion
|Does not have a black frame insertion feature.
|Does not have a motion interpolation feature.
|Supports variable refresh rate (VRR) technology, reducing screen tearing within a limited refresh rate range.
|Consumes an average of 58W and has a maximum power consumption of 99W.
|Uses the Vizio SmartCast system, enabling casting content using Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay. No app store but includes several pre-installed web-based apps.
|The sound profile is well-balanced in the mid-range but lacks bass. External speakers or a subwoofer are recommended for an optimal sound experience.
Experience Enhanced Gaming and Movie-Watching Delight
The most important key feature of this television is its high native contrast ratio that ensures deep blacks in dark scenes, enhancing your movie-watching experience.
Key Features & Benefits:
- High Native Contrast Ratio: Enjoy the pleasure of deep blacks in dark scenes for a more immersive viewing experience.
- Judder Removal: Experience smoother movie watching as the TV removes judder from 24p sources.
- Quick Response Time: The TV has a quick response time and low input lag, making it perfect for a responsive gaming experience.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) Support: Say goodbye to screen tearing in games thanks to the support for VRR.
- Good Reflection Handling: The TV is suitable for use in rooms with ambient lighting due to its good reflection handling capabilities.
Potential Drawbacks of This Television
While this television offers a range of features, it does have some significant drawbacks that could negatively impact your viewing experience. Here are the main concerns:
- Low SDR Peak Brightness: The television offers a less vibrant image in bright environments due to its low SDR peak brightness. This could lead to a less immersive viewing experience, especially during daylight hours or in well-lit rooms.
- Narrow Viewing Angle: The colors can appear washed out when viewed from the sides due to the narrow viewing angle. This can limit the flexibility of your viewing position and might not be ideal for group viewings.
- Noticeable Uniformity Issues: The TV exhibits backlight bleed and vignetting, which can be distracting during content viewing. Such uniformity issues can detract from the overall image quality, especially during dark scenes.
- Limited Operating System: The operating system is limited compared to other brands, with no option to download additional apps and occasional lag. This could limit your access to a wide range of content and potentially disrupt your viewing experience.
- Absence of Local Dimming Feature: The TV lacks a local dimming feature which could enhance the contrast and provide a better viewing experience, particularly in dark scenes. Without this feature, the TV might not be able to deliver the optimal picture quality that some viewers expect from a 4K TV.
A Solid Choice for Gamers and Movie Buffs
The Vizio V Series 2022 is a great option for gamers and movie enthusiasts, with its quick response time, high native contrast ratio, and judder removal from 24p sources. These features ensure a smooth, immersive, and lag-free experience, especially for those who enjoy late-night gaming or movie sessions. However, it might not be the best choice for daytime viewers due to its low SDR peak brightness, which may affect the vibrancy of images in bright environments.
On the downside, the TV has a narrow viewing angle and noticeable uniformity issues such as backlight bleed and vignetting. This could be a deal-breaker for people who often watch TV in large groups or from different angles. The limited operating system might also be a letdown for those who prefer a wider range of apps. However, if these issues don't bother you, then this TV, with its budget-friendly price, is worth considering.