The Hisense U8G is a high-performance television model that has been hailed as an improvement over its predecessor, the Hisense U7G. It features a remarkable contrast ratio of 54,027:1, which delivers deep blacks and bright highlights in dark scenes, and a high peak brightness that ensures excellent HDR performance and overcomes glare in brightly lit rooms. The U8G also stands out for its excellent reflection handling, making it less susceptible to the impact of direct reflections on the screen.
This model also excels in the realm of motion handling, boasting an impressive response time that ensures clear motion in fast-paced scenes. Coupled with a wide color gamut coverage, it provides vibrant and accurate colors for HDR content. The U8G comes with several gaming features that augment its appeal to gamers. These include low input lag, variable refresh rate (VRR) support, and HDMI 2.1 ports.
The U8G is available in 55-inch and 65-inch sizes, and supports a 4k resolution. It has four HDMI ports, all of which support HDCP version 2.2. Two of these ports (HDMI 3,4) also support HDMI 2.1 class bandwidth. The model's smart features are powered by the Android TV Version 10, and it supports casting via a built-in Chromecast, USB drive playback, and voice control. The sound quality is decent, with an acceptable level of distortion at high volume levels.
A Comprehensive Look at a High-End Television's Technical Specifications
|Picture Quality||Contrast Ratio: 54,027 : 1, Local Dimming Zones: 132, HDR Brightness: Peak brightness up to 665 cd/m² (Hallway Lights), 578 cd/m² (Yellow Skyscraper), 208 cd/m² (Landscape Pool)|
|Display Resolutions||Resolution: 4k, Size Options: Available in 55-inch and 65-inch sizes|
|Input Ports||HDMI Ports: 4 HDMI ports (HDMI 1,2,3,4), HDMI Bandwidth: HDMI port (HDMI 3,4) supports HDMI 2.1 class bandwidth, HDMI Features: Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), HDCP Support: HDCP version 2.2 supported on all HDMI ports (HDMI 1,2,3,4)|
|Dimensions||Stand Footprint (55-inch): Width -28.4", Depth -10.3", Max Thickness: 3.86"|
|Black Frame Insertion||BFI Option: Optional BFI available|
|Motion Interpolation||Motion Interpolation Support for both 30 fps and 60 fps content|
|Refresh Rate||VRR Support: Available for various resolutions (1080p @120Hz,1440p @120Hz,4k @120Hz), VRR Compatibility: Compatible with HDMI Forum VRR and G-SYNC|
|Power Consumption||Power Consumption at Maximum Level: Max consumption of up to 203 W, Average Power Consumption during Usage: Consumption of 61 W|
|Smart Features||Smart OS Platform: Android TV Version 10, App Selection & Smoothness: Great app selection, average app smoothness, Casting Capabilities: Supports casting via Chromecast built-in, USB Drive Playback: Supports USB drive playback, Voice Control: Built-in microphone for voice control|
|Sound Quality||Frequency Response: Decent frequency response, lacking low bass, Distortion Levels: Acceptable distortion at high volume levels|
Experience the Ultimate Visual Delight
The Hisense U8G TV is an impressive device that promises a top-notch viewing experience. Its most notable feature is the outstanding contrast ratio, which ensures deep blacks and bright highlights, giving you a more immersive experience.
Other key features include:
- High peak brightness: This allows the TV to deliver excellent HDR performance and overcome glare in brightly lit rooms.
- Excellent response time: This ensures clear motion in fast-paced scenes, making it perfect for sports or action movies.
- Wide color gamut coverage: This feature provides vibrant and accurate colors for HDR content, enhancing your viewing experience.
- Impressive gaming features: The TV has low input lag, variable refresh rate (VRR) support, and HDMI 2.1 ports, making it a great choice for gamers.
- Smart OS Platform: The Android TV Version10 platform provides a great selection of apps and features for a smart and connected viewing experience.
Considerations Before Buying
While this TV offers a slew of impressive features and strong performance, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider before making a purchase. Here are the key points:
- Viewing Angle Limitations: The image quality degrades when viewed from an angle. This could be a problem for those with wide seating arrangements or if you often watch TV from different positions in the room.
- Dirty Screen Effect: Some users might notice a dirty screen effect, which can be particularly distracting during sports or content with uniform colors. This could potentially detract from the viewing experience.
- Bass Performance: The TV's sound system has a decent frequency response but lacks low bass. This might be a downside for those who enjoy deep, rich sounds in their audio experience.
- App Smoothness: While the TV offers a great app selection, the smoothness of the apps is only average. This could potentially lead to less satisfying user experience when navigating through the smart features.
- Power Consumption: The TV has a maximum power consumption of up to 203W, which is relatively high. This could potentially lead to higher electricity bills, especially if the TV is used frequently or for long periods.
An Excellent Choice for Gamers and HDR Enthusiasts
The Hisense U8G is an excellent choice if you're looking for a TV with outstanding contrast ratio, high peak brightness, and excellent reflection handling. Its wide color gamut coverage and impressive gaming features, including low input lag and variable refresh rate (VRR) support, make it a strong competitor in the market. However, if you're planning to set up a wide seating arrangement, this might not be the best option due to its image degradation when viewed from an angle.
Additionally, while its dirty screen effect might be noticeable during sports or content with uniform colors, its overall performance in various usage scenarios is commendable. In comparison to other brands' models, it offers impressive value and can beat some more expensive models in terms of image quality. Therefore, if you're searching for a TV that provides vibrant and accurate colors for HDR content and has a strong gaming performance, the Hisense U8G is definitely worth considering.